- Lee Meadows, a pitcher, makes his major league debut in 1915 and becomes the first player since 1886 to wear eyeglasses regularly on the field. His nickname is Specs.
- The Boston Braves purchased Jack Smith in 1926 from the Cardinals.
- The Cardinals purchased Art Shires from the Boston Braves in 1933.
- In 1945 the Cardinals released Vic Raschi.
- In the first major league game ever (1997) played in Hawaii, the Cardinals edge the Padres, 1-0, at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu. The three-game set, known as Padres Paradise Series, find the hosts dropping two of three contests to the Redbirds.
- The Cardinals signed Jed Hansen as a free agent in 2003.
- The Cardinals, in 2003, released Ivanon Coffie.
- In 2017 the Cardinals defeat the Pirates 2-1. It was the first time in Cardinals history where they won a game where the only runs scored came via two solo home runs by the same player. The home runs were by Dexter Fowler.
Whitey Kurowski (April 19, 1918 – December 9, 1999) played third base for the Cardinals from his debut on September 23, 1941, to his last game on October 1, 1949. His best season was 1947 when he hit .310, slugged 27 home runs, drove in 104 runners, smacked 27 doubles and had a .544 slugging percentage.He played in four World Series with a .253 average, one home runs and nine runs batted in for 23 postseason games.
Dennys Reyes was born in 1978. On March 5, 2009, Reyes signed a contract with the St. Louis Cardinals in a reported two-year deal worth approximately $3 million. In his Cardinals brief career, he was 3-3 with a 3.42 ERA. He walked 42 and fanned 58 batters.
Moose Baxter 1907.
Charlie Enwright 1909
Lee Dressen 1914
Lee “Specs” Meadows 1915
Enos Slaughter 1938
Tommy Glaviano 1949
Fred Hahn 1952
Willard Schmidt 1952
Nelson Briles 1965
Tyler O’Neill 2018
Chris Zachary 2003