Check out Facebook
- The Tigers purchased Dick Harley from the Cardinals in 1900.
- Commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis, not a fan of Branch Rickey’s farm system, grants free agency in 1938 to a group of nine Cardinal minor leaguers that includes Pete Reiser.
- The St. Louis Browns, owners of Sportsman’s Park, move to evict the Cardinals in order to gain a rent increase in 1949.
- The Cardinals, in 1959, returned Bob Miller to the Philadelphia Phillies as part of a conditional deal.
- The Cincinnati Reds purchased Howie Nunn from the Cardinals in 1960.
- The Boston Red Sox, in 1963, purchased Bobby Smith from the Cardinals.
- In 1965, the San Francisco Giants traded Moose Stubing to the St. Louis Cardinals for George Williams
- The Cardinals trade Bob Shirley to the Cincinnati Reds for Oscar Brito and Jeff Lahti in 1982.
- The Cardinals traded Mike Dunne, Mike LaValliere and Andy Van Slyke, in 1987, to the Pittsburgh Pirates for Tony Pena
- In 2010, the Cardinals sent Julio Lugo to the Baltimore Orioles as part of a conditional deal.
- Cardinals traded Breyvic Valera to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Johan Mieses (minors) in 2018.
- John Axford 1983
Tommy John Surgery
In 1991, Joe Magrane had Tommy John surgery and became the 5th Cardinals player to have the surgery.
2008 Brian Barton- singled to center in the 7th inning
2008 Kyle McClellan- faced three batters in his debut and fanned one with no hits allowed.
2008 Rico Washington- grounded out to second base in a pinch-hit appearance in the 5th inning batting for the pitcher Kyle Lohse
- Henry Stein (1927) – played in ONE game in his MLB career
- Pat Deasley (1943)
- George Strief (1946)
- Casey Hageman (1964)
- Bob Smith (2013)