- THIS DATE is Designated as the Birthday of FREDBIRD.
- Ed Karger, 1907, pitches a perfect game of seven innings. The game was shortened prior to start due to being a doubleheader.
- Hal Goldsmith is purchased in 1929 by the Cardinals from Newark of the International League.
- In 1970, Carl Taylor pinch hits in the ninth inning with the bases loaded and hits the first pitch for the game winner as the Cardinals defeated the Padres 11-10.
- The Cardinals sign Steve Barber as a free agent in 1974.
- The Cardinals dip into the Mexican League and purchase Eric Rasmussen in 1982 from Yucatan.
- In 2002, the Cardinals unveiled the 11th statue outside Busch stadium – an airborne Ozzie Smith.
- Chad Allen is signed in 2005 as a free agent by the Cardinals.
- In 2015, the Blue Jays, Rays, Marlins, Mets, Indians, Cubs, Royals, White Sox, Twins, Cardinals, Diamondbacks, Mariners, Padres, Dodgers and Giants all win, making it the first time in the live ball era that every contest is won by the home team in a full slate of games.
- 2019- Rookie Lane Thomas hit his first grand slam which put the Cardinals ahead against the Pirates.
- Bob Scheffing 1913
- Bob Stephenson 1928
- Vada Pinson 1938
- Sal Campisi 1942
- Luis Melendez 1949
- Bryn Smith 1955
- Colby Rasmus 1986
- Babe Adams 1906
- Irv Higginbotham 1906
- Harry Sullivan 1909
- Bob Duliba 1959
- Ron Allen 1972
- Hector Cruz 1973
- Steve Peters 1987
- Ryan Jackson 2012
- Junior Fernandez 2019
- Walt Hunzinger 1948
NOT Cardinals Related: Umpire Tom Gorman died on this date in 1986- In his book “Three and Two”, umpire Tom Gorman requested to be buried in his umpire uniform with an indicator set in his hand at a 3-2 count.
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- 1946- #46 facing Joe Beggs of the Reds in the top of the 5th inning with a solo homer.
- 1948- In Cincinnati, he smacked career home run #99 off Johnny Vander Meer.
- !953- He tied the game in the top of the 8th inning facing Bob Buhl with #245.
- 1955- Bob Buhl also gave up homer #317 in 1955 in the top of the 1st inning.
- 1960- Stan hit #424 in the top of the 12th with a 2-run homer in a tie game facing Bob Friend
Bob Gibson’s Complete Games
- none on this date