HISTORY OF CARDINALS
- In 1907 the Cardinals made a flurry of purchases as they purchased Joe Delahanty from Williamsport (Tri-State), Jack Bliss from Oakland (PCL), Chappy Charles from Williamsport (Tri-State) and Slim Sallee from Williamsport (Tri-State).
- The Cardinals purchased Possum Whitted from Jacksonville (South Atlantic) for $3,000 in 1912.
- The Cardinals in 1913 traded Larry McLean to the New York Giants for Doc Crandall.
- In 1933 the New York Giants purchased Billy Myers from the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cardinals purchased Si Johnson in 1936 from the Cincinnati Reds.
- The Colorado Rockies on 2004 traded Larry Walker to the St. Louis Cardinals for Luis Martinez, Chris Narveson and Jason Burch (minors).
- Batting eighth in Tony La Russa’s batting order, Cardinals’ starting pitcher Braden Looper, in 2007, collects two hits in the fifth inning when St. Louis ties a big league record with 10 straight hits.
- Herman Bronkie 1884
- Ray Blades 1895
- Herb Moford 1928
- Bob Horner 1957
- Gordon Jones 1954
- Julio Gotay 1960
- Danny Cox 1983
Ducky Holmes 1932
Bill Phyle 1953
Bob Miller 1993
Jim Mallory 2001