Today in Cardinals History
- Jesse Haines, a knuckleball pitcher and future Hall of Famer, no hits Boston in 1924 at Sportsman’s Park.
- Sheriff Blake is signed as a free agent in 1937 by the Cardinals.
- In two days in 1961, Bill White gets 14 hits to tie a Ty Cobb record.
- Bob Gibson gets his 3,000th strikeout as he puts away Cesar Geronimo in 1974.
- In 2000, Chris Richard smacks a home run on the first pitch he ever sees in the major leagues.
- John Gall is released by Cardinals in 2006.
Don Kessinger 1942
George Puccinelli 1930
Charlie Peete 1956
Ray Soff 1986
Chris Richard 2000 (see note above)
Jack Slattery 1949
Dizzy Dean 1974 (Hall of Famer)