Cardinals History on This Date
- The Cardinals released Gus Weyhing in 1900.
- The Cardinals, in 1906, traded Homer Smoot to the Cincinnati Reds for Shad Barry.
- The Baltimore Orioles selected Joe Taylor off waivers in 1958 from the Cardinals.
- In 1959 the Cardinals selected Jay Porter off waivers from the Washington Senators.
- At Sportsman’s Park in 1962, Stan Musial surpasses Giants’ legend Mel Ott as the National League’s all-time RBI leader. ‘Stan the Man’s’ two-run home run off Don Drysdale in a 5-2 loss to the Dodgers gives the Cardinals’ right fielder 1,862 career runs batted in with the Redbirds.
- The Astros traded Mike Easler to the Cardinals for Mike Barlow in 1975
- The Montreal Expos traded Larry Lintz in 1975 to the St. Louis Cardinals for Jim Dwyer.
- The Cardinals traded Joe Boever to the Atlanta Braves for Randy O’Neal in 1987.
- Cardinals released Ricky Horton in 1990.
- The Cardinals signed Steve Woodard in 2002 as a free agent.
- The Cardinals release Chad Huffman in 2017.
- Buddy Bradford 1944
- Mick Kelleher 1947
- Santiago Guzman 1949
- Jose Bautista 1946
- Al Brazle 1943
- Bob Keely 1944
- Harrison Bader 2017 (doubled in the 9th and scored winning run)
- Herb Hunter 1970