- 1906- Kansas City (American Association) traded Bill Phyle to the St. Louis Cardinals for Wish Egan and George McBride
- 1933– Dizzy Dean sets a modern major league record, striking out 17 Cubs. Cardinal teammate Jimmie Wilson, the club’s catcher, also sets a new mark by recording 18 putouts.
- 1947– The Cardinals are behind 10-0 after four innings but climb back into the game with six runs in the bottom of the 9th inning with two outs and tie the game up 10-10. The Dodgers win this game in the 11th inning.
- 1959– Bob Gibson gets his first major league victory with a 1-0 shutout at Cincinnati.
- 1987– The Chicago White Sox traded Bryce Hulstrom (minors) to the St. Louis Cardinals for Dave LaPoin
- 2006– The Cleveland Indians traded Ronnie Belliard to the St. Louis Cardinals for Hector Luna
- 2013– The St. Louis Cardinals traded Marc Rzepczynski to the Cleveland Indians for Juan Herrera
- 2014– The Cleveland Indians traded Justin Masterson to the St. Louis Cardinals for James Ramsey
- 2015– The Cleveland Indians traded Brandon Moss to the St. Louis Cardinals for Rob Kaminsky
- Carl Doyle 1912
- Ricky Horton 1959
- Tom Pagnozzi 1962
- Forrest Crawford 1906
- Ray Bare 1972
- Matt Duff 2002
- Flint Rhem 1969
- Jack Knight 1976
- Ray Cunningham 2005
- Dave Bakenhausen 2014