July 31 in Cardinals History
This Date in Cardinals History
- Kitty Burke ran onto the field in Cincinnati in 1935 and became the first “unofficial female to bat in the majors as Paul Dean delivers an underhand toss to her.
- The Cardinals traded Bob Heise to the California Angels for Doug Howard in 1974.
- The Cardinals acquire Mark McGwire from the Oakland A’s in 1997.
- The Texas Rangers in 1998 traded Mark Little, Darren Oliver and Fernando Tatis to the St. Louis Cardinals for Royce Clayton and Todd Stottlemyre.
- The New York Mets traded Craig Paquette in 1999 to the Cardinals for Shawon Dunston.
- In 2000, the Cardinals acquire first baseman Will Clark from the Orioles.
- The SF Giants traded Kevin Joseph and cash to the St. Louis Cardinals for Jason Christiansen in 2011.
- The Atlanta Braves traded Jorge Sosa to the Cardinals in 2006 for Rich Scalamandre
- The Red Sox traded Joel Pineiro and cash in 2007 to the Cardinals for Sean Danielson
- As part of a 3-team trade in 2010: The San Diego Padres sent Corey Kluber to the Cleveland Indians. The San Diego Padres sent Nick Greenwood to the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cleveland Indians sent Jake Westbrook to the St. Louis Cardinals. The St. Louis Cardinals sent Ryan Ludwick to the San Diego Padres.
- Dodgers traded Rafael Furcal and cash to the St. Louis Cardinals for Alex Castellanos in 2011.
- The Red Sox traded Corey Littrell (minors), John Lackey and cash in 2014 to the St. Louis Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly
- The Brewers traded Jonathan Broxton and cash in 2015 to the St. Louis Cardinals for Malik Collymore (minors).
- The White Sox trade lefty reliever Zach Duke to the Cardinals for minor league outfielder Charlie Tilson in 2016.
- In 2018, Cardinals traded Tommy Pham and international bonus slot money to the Tampa Bay Rays for Genesis Cabrera (minors), Roel Ramirez (minors) and Justin Williams.
- Joe Durham 1931
- Vic Davillio 1936
- Leon Durham 1957
- Randy Flores 1975
- John Kelleher 1912
- Geoff Long 1963
- Max Flack 1975
- Eddie Miller 1997