- The Cardinals traded Dave Brain to the Pittsburgh Pirates for George McBride in 1905.
- The Cardinals, in 1907, purchased Harry Wolter from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- 1945- Augie Bergamo, outfielder, collects 10 hits in a doubleheader sweep at the Polo Grounds.
- The Philadelphia Phillies purchased Toby Atwell in 1956 from the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The Cardinals traded Jim Willoughby to the Boston Red Sox for Mario Guerrero in 1975.
- In 2000, Keith McDonald becomes the 3rd player in Cardinals history to homer in his first career at-bat. He joins Eddie Margan and Wally Moon on the list.
- Cardinals released Tomo Ohka in 2007.
- Cardinals sent John Nelson, in 2007, to the Chicago Cubs as part of a conditional deal.
- Albert Pujols hits his 300th career home run vs the Chicago Cubs in 2008.
- Frank Millard 1865
- Milt Reed 1890
- Jose Oquendo 1963
- Lee Magee 1911
- Kurt Kepshire 1984
- Keith Mc Donald 2000
- Chief Roseman 1938
- Walter Schmidt 1973
- Julio Gotay 2008
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- in 1950, he hit #156 against the Chicago Cubs in the first inning with a 2-run homer facing Johnny Schmitz.
- In the same game in 1950, he hit #157 with a 3-run home run off Bob Ruh of the Cubs in the 3rd inning.
- With the Cardinals ahead 4-2 on the 7th inning, Stan hit a solo homer for career #371 facing Dick Littlefield.
- #439 came against Philadelphia in 1961 with 2-run HR with Jack Baldshaw on the hill.
- George Hendrick smashed a one-out home run in the 10th inning for a 1-0 walk-off against the Phillies.
Bob Gibson’s Complete Games
- none on this date in Cardinals History