Outfielder Vince Coleman becomes entangled in Busch Stadium’s automatic tarpaulin in 1985, when he is stretching prior to the Cardinals’ 12-2 rout of LA in Game 4 of the NLCS. The freak accident, which traps his left leg for about thirty seconds, will end the season for the 23 year-old rookie.
- Pittsburgh Pirates traded a player to be named later, Bernard Cobb (minors), Tom Padden and cash to the Cardinals for Johnny Rizzo. The Pittsburgh Pirates sent Bud Hafey (December 15, 1937) to the St. Louis Cardinals to complete the trade.
- The Cardinals released Eddie Miller in 1950.
- Cardinals traded Les Fusselman and cash to Oklahoma City (Texas) for Joe Frazier in 1953.
- Cardinals, in 1959, released Hal Jeffcoat.
- The Cardinals purchased Jim Hicks, in 1967, from the Chicago White Sox.
- Cardinals traded Al Jackson in 1967 to the New York Mets for Jack Lamabe.
- Larry Luebbers of the St. Louis Cardinals granted free agency in 1999.
- Mark Mulder, in 2006, of the St. Louis Cardinals granted free agency.
- The Cardinals selected Bryan Augenstein off waivers in 2010 from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Pickles Dilhoefer 1893
- George Frazier 1954
- Lew Camp 1948
- Abe White 1978
- Walter Alston 1984
- Ellis Burton 2013
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- In 1944 he hit career home run #36 in New York.
- In 1950, he connects on career home run #124 against the Cubs with FrankMiller on the mound.