Check out our Facebbok Page
- In 1922, Cardinals outfielder Rogers Hornsby hits home runs off Giant hurlers Jesse and Virgil Barnes. The homers served up by the brothers enable the ‘Rajah’ to set the National League record for round trippers in a season with 42.
- In 1926 Cardinals clinch their first pennant in the 35-year history of the franchise when they beat the Giants at the Polo Grounds. Billy Southworth’s second inning two-run home run off his former team proves to be the difference in St. Louis’ 6-4 victory at the Polo Grounds.
- The Cardinals trade Jason Karnuth and Jared Blasdell to the Chicago Cubs for Jeff Fassero in 2002.
- Michael Wacha. in 2013, just misses becoming the 22nd rookie ever to throw a no-hitter when Ryan Zimmerman beats out an infield grounder with two outs in the top of the ninth inning for Washington’s only hit. The 22 year-old Cardinals right-hander comes within inches of fielding the ball that cost him his bid for history in the team’s 2-0 victory at Busch Stadium.
- Mike Gonzalez 1890
- Bernard Gilkey 1966
- George Gilham 1924
- Mike Donlin 1933
- Walt Marbet 1956
- Frank Smith 2005
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- In 1952 he hit career home run #336 facing Ken Raffensberger of the Reds.