- Lou Brock joins the 3000 hit club and on this day in 1979.
- Alex Reyes, Cardinals #1 prospect, pitches in relief of Luke Weaver in 2016 and finishes 3 innings with no runs allowed to gain his first major league victory.
- Vinegar Bend Mizell 1930
- Mudcat Grant 1935
- Tony Cloninger 1940
- Tom Niedenfuer 1959
- Corey Patterson 1979
- Randall Grichuk 1991 (Grichuk hits a Grand Slam in 2016 on his birthday)
Tom Herr 1979
Luke Weaver, Cardinals #2 prospect, makes his debut by starting against the first place Cubs. He pitches 4 innings and allows 2 runs but doesn’t figure in the decision.
- Hal Haid 1952
- Jack Creel 2002
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- In 1944, Musial hit career home run #31 with a 2-run homer in the bottom of the 2nd facing Tommy Warren of the Brooklyn Dodgers.
- 1951- an inside-the-park homer for #200 of his career.
Bob Gibson’s Complete Games
- In 1966, he pitched complete game #95 with 9IP/8H/5ER/3BB/7K in a 9-6 win over the Mets.