- The Cardinals signed Eddie Morgan as an amateur free agent in 1933.
- The St. Louis Cardinals, in 1970, purchased Frank Bertaina from the Baltimore Orioles.
- In 1971, Bob Gibson pitched his only no-hitter against the Pirates 11-0 by striking out Willie Stargell to end the game.
- The Cardinals released Gary Gaetti in 1998.
- 2007- The St. Louis Cardinals, in 2007, signed Mike Venafro as a free agent.
- In 2007, The St. Louis Cardinals released Jolbert Cabrera.
- Cardinals signed Brock Peterson, in 2012, as a free agent.
- Bill O’Hara 1881
- Fred Larnein 1887
- Paul Dean 1912
- Geovany Gallegos 1991
- Tim Sherrill 1990
- Randy Arozarena 2019 (2-for-4)
- Phil Collins 1948
- Lynn McGlothlen 1984
- Spud Davis 1984
- George Kernek 2022
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- 1943-In the top of the 9th inning with the Cardinals leading 7-1, Stan hit a solo homer off of Giants pitcher Harry Elliot for career home run # 19
Bob Gibson’s Complete Games
- In 1962, he suffered a complete game loss as the Cardinals lost 4-3 to Houston for CG #27 with 9.2IP/7H/2ER/8BB/10K. He also went 1-for-3 at the plate with a home run.
- In 1963, he won 3-2 over Houston for CG #38 with 9IP/8H/1ER/1BB/10K.
- He won 3-1 over the Cubs in 1968 for CG #131 with 9IP/8H/1ER/3BB/7K.
- In 1971, Bob Gibson pitched his only no-hitter against the Pirates 11-0 by striking out Willie Stargell to end the game. It was his 47th shutout of his career.