Cardinals History for August 16
- Terry Moore hits two inside-the-park home runs in one game against the Pirates in 1939 at Forbes Field.
- In 1964, St. Louis outfielder Curt Flood collects eight consecutive hits during a doubleheader against Dodgers pitching.
- The Dodgers traded Pedro Guerrero to the Cardinals for John Tudor in 1988.
- 1954 the first black player in Cardinals history, Tom Alston, made his debut.
- Hick Carpenter 1855
- Hank Robinson 1887
- Mike Jorgensen 1948
- Roger Cedeno 1974
Cardinals History Debuts
- Harry Trekell 1913
- Kolten Wong 2013
- Kurt Krieger 1970
- Fred Hahn 1984 (played one game in MLB)
- Ed McKean 1919
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- 1948- he hit career home run #100 against the Cubs with solo homer
- 1951 he smashed #201 off of Murray Dickson of the Pirates with an inside-the-park homer.
- In 1955, Stan hit career home run #316 with a 2-run homer in the 1st inning.
- #441 came in 1961 against Jack Sanford of the SF Giants.
Bob Gibson’s Complete Games
- In 1969, he won complete game #158 with a 8-1 win over the Atlanta Braves with 9IP/5H/1ER/1NN/4K.
- In 1974, he pitched complete game #249 with a 2-1 win over the Giants with 9IP/9H/1ER/2BB/3K.