- The Cardinals purchased Jim McGinley from Haverhill (New England) in 1904
- The Cardinals, 1904, purchased Charlie Swindells from Butte (Pacific National).
- In 1904, the Cardinals purchased Buster Brown from Omaha (Western).
- The Cardinals purchased Wish Egan, in 1904, from Louisville (American Association).
- The St. Louis Cardinals purchased Billy Campbell from Louisville (American Association) in 1904
- In 1904, theCardinals purchased John Butler from Kansas City (American Association).
- The St. Louis Cardinals, in 1919, purchased Fritz Mollwitz from the Pittsburgh Pirates
- The Boston Bees purchased Joe Stripp from the St. Louis Cardinals in 1938.
- In 1956, the Baltimore Orioles purchased Grady Hatton from the St. Louis Cardinals
- The Chicago Cubs purchased Don Young from the St. Louis Cardinals in 1967.
- Nate Colbert, in 1972, becomes the second player to hit five home runs in a doubleheader, a feat he witnessed as an eight-year-old Cardinal fan at Sportsman’s Park when Stan Musial first accomplished it in 1954. The Padres slugger also breaks ‘Stan the Man’s’ NL mark for RBIs in a twin bill when he drives in 13 runs, and his 22 total bases set a major league record.
- The Cardinals purchased Lloyd Allen from the Chicago White Sox in 1975
- The Cardinals steal four bases on one pitch as Vince Coleman steals third and home while Willie McGee steals second and third in 1985.
- Joe Torre is hired as manager of the St. Louis Cardinals in 1990.
- Howard Freigau 1902
- Gregg Jeffries 1987
- Kevin Jarvis 1969
- Kevin Joseph 1976
- Aledmys Diaz 1990
- Harry Elliott 1953
- Curtis King 1997
- Kevin Joseph 2002
NOTE: Kevin Joseph made his debut for his 26th birthday!
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- In 1942, he hit the 19th home run of his career off of Bob Carpenter of the New York Giants with a 2-run homer.
- Johnny Antonelli gave up career home run #375 in 1957 on a 2-run homer.
- He hit his second 2-run homer in the above game 1957 in the 6th inning for career #376.
Walk-Off Winner (WOW)
In 1987, the Cardinals and Pirates were tied 6-6 in the bottom of the 9th. Ozzie Smith, Tom Herr and Willie McGee all reached base to load them up with no one out. Rod Booker grounded into a force out at home and Jose Oquendo was next. He grounded the ball to first base and the throw was not handled by the catcher (E-3) and the Cardinals win 7-6 with a Walk-Off Winner. WOW BOXSCORE