- The Cardinals were involved in a triple play in 1913.
- The Reds purchased Phil Weintraub and Jack Rothrock from the Cardinals in 1936.
- Yellow balls are used in 1938 as an experiment in the first game of a doubleheader but back to the white ball in the nightcap with the Dodgers.
- Cardinal ace right-hander Bob Gibson, slugging first baseman Johnny Mize, who played with the Cardinals, Giants, and Yankees, and Negro League pioneer Rube Foster is inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1981. Gibson was elected in the first year of his eligibility by the BBWAA, with Mize and Foster getting the nod from the Veterans Committee.
- The Royals purchased Eric Rasmussen in 1983 from the Cardinals.
- The Cardinals traded Ray Lankford and cash in 2001 to the Padres for Woody Williams.
- War Sanders 1877
- Red Ames 1882
- Tink Reviere 1889
- Danny Scheaffer 1961
- Frank Cimorelli 1968
- Paul DeJong 1993
- Charlie James 1960
- Scarborough Green 1997
- Walter Morris 1961
- Pete Standridge 1963
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- In 1948, he hit career #96 against the Reds and Clint Hartung with a solo home run in the top of the 2nd inning.
- Career home run #344 is in Pittsburgh in 1956 facing Nellie King as he hit an 8th inning solo homer.
Bob Gibson’s Complete Game
- In 1970, he pitched complete game #177 of his career with a 3-2 win over Houston with 9IP/4H/2ER/3BB/10K.
- He notched complete game #220 with a 10-5 victory over the Pirates in 1972 with 7IP/12H/5ER/4BB/5K.
- There are three on this date as they came in 1991, 2015, and 2018.