- In 1907 the Cardinals made a flurry of purchases as they purchased Joe Delahanty from Williamsport (Tri-State), Jack Bliss from Oakland (PCL), Chappy Charles from Williamsport (Tri-State) and Slim Sallee from Williamsport (Tri-State).
- The Cardinals purchased Possum Whitted from Jacksonville (South Atlantic) for $3,000 in 1912.
- The Cardinals, in 1913, traded Larry McLean to the New York Giants for Doc Crandall.
- In 1933, the New York Giants purchased Billy Myers from the Cardinals.
- Cardinals purchased Si Johnson in 1936 from the Cincinnati Reds.
- The Colorado Rockies, in 2004, traded Larry Walker to the Cardinals for Luis Martinez, Chris Narveson and Jason Burch (minors).
- Batting eighth in Tony La Russa’s batting order, Cardinals’ starting pitcher Braden Looper, in 2007, collects two hits in the fifth inning when St. Louis ties a big league record with 10 straight hits.
- Herman Bronkie 1884
- Ray Blades 1895
- Herb Moford 1928
- Bob Horner 1957
- John Gant 1992
- Gordon Jones 1954
- Julio Gotay 1960
- Danny Cox 1983
- Ducky Holmes 1932
- Bill Phyle 1953
- Bob Miller 1993
- Jim Mallory 2001
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- In 1947, Stan hit #64 of his career off of Johnny Vander Meer with a solo homer.
- In Philadelphia, Milo Candini surrendered career homer #161 in the top of the 9th inning in a 1950 game.
- In 1957, career #377 came facing Bob Rush of the Cubs.
Bob Gibson’s Complete Games
- In 1961, he pitched complete game #10 of his career with 9IP/6H/1ER/4BB/9K in a 3-2 win over the Phillies.
The Cardinals had Walk-Off Wins on this date in 1961, 1989, 1991, and 1995.