- The Cardinals purchased Ody Abbott from Newcastle (Ohio-Pennsylvania) in 1910.
- The Astros purchased Ron Willis in 1969 from the Cardinals.
- The Cardinals in 1972 purchased Keith Lampard from the Houston Astros.
- Mark McGwire hits his first National League home run in 1997 and his 364th of his career on his second at bat at Busch Stadium.
- The Oakland Athletics purchased Angel Castro from the St. Louis Cardinals in 2014.
- Ken Raffensberger 1917
- Jose Cruz 1947
- Greg Garcia 1989
- Harry Parker 1970
- Adolis Garcia 2018
- Billy Gilbert 1927
- Wilbert Robinson 1934 HOF’er
- Howie Pollett 1974
- Harry Walker 1999
- Gene Mauch 2005
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
He hit SIX home runs on this date.
- In 1943, hit #18 facing Bob Klinger of the Pirates with a solo homer in the 1st inning.
- In Philadelphia, he hit a 2-run homer in the 7th inning for #98 which was in 1948.
- 1950- Cliff Chambers gave up a solo home run for career #162.
- The following year, 1951, Pirates pitcher Ted Wilks surrendered #199.
- #243 came in 1953 facing Hoyt Wilhelm in the 5th inning.
- In 1959, he bombed #409 against Robin Roberts with a 2-run shot in the 4th inning.
Bob Gibson’s Complete Games
- In 1962, he pitched CG #25 of his career with a 2-0 win over the Pirates 9IP/3H/0ER/2BB/10K.
ALSO, Gibson got his first career hit on this date in 1959. He went 1-for-3 with a double.
Walk-Off Winners came in 1961, 1970, 1998, and 2016 on this date.
The Cardinals were involved in a Triple Play on this date in 1985.