December 1 in Cardinals History
- 1919- Sam Breadon, the owner of the Western Automobile Company, takes on the position as club president of the St. Louis Cardinals. Branch Rickey becomes General Manager and vice president along with staying on the field as the team manager.
- Cardinals traded Aledmys Diaz to the Toronto Blue Jays for J.B. Woodman (minors) in 2017.
- Cardinals traded Jaime Garcia to the Atlanta Braves for Luke Dykstra (minors), Chris Ellis (minors) and John Gant in 2016.
- The Cardinals, in 2015, traded Tony Cruz to the Kansas City Royals for Jose Martinez (minors).
- 1931- The Cincinnati Reds purchased Wally Roettger from the St. Louis Cardinals
- 1961- The Baltimore Orioles traded Johnny Kucks to the St. Louis Cardinals for Ron Kabbes
- 1968- The New York Mets traded Jerry Buchek to the St. Louis Cardinals for Jim Cosman
- Tommy Raub (1870)
- Les Munns (1908)
- Walter Alston (1908)
- Marty Marion (1917)
- Tim Jones (1917)
- Larry Walker (1966)
- Reggie Sanders (1967)
- Danny Shay 1927
- Klondike Douglass 1953
- George Earnshaw 1976
- Buster Mills 1991