- The Cardinals traded Jimmy Cooney to the Chicago Cubs for Vic Keen in 1925.
- The Cardinals traded Pete Alexander and Harry McCurdy in 1929 to the Philadelphia Phillies for Bob McGraw and Homer Peel.
- The Cardinals traded Burleigh Grimes to the Chicago Cubs in 1931 for Bud Teachout and Hack Wilson.
- In 1941, the Giants trade hurler Bill Lohrman, catcher James O’Dea, first baseman Johnny McCarthy and $50,000 to the Cardinals to obtain first baseman Johnny Mize. The Giants’ new infielder, despite missing three years due to WWII, will spend five productive seasons of his Hall of Fame career with the team, hitting .299 and averaging more than 100 RBIs per season.
- The New York Giants traded Eddie Stanky to the St. Louis Cardinals for Chuck Diering and Max Lanier in 1951.
- The New York Mets, in 1974, traded Ted Martinez to the Cardinals for Jack Heidemann and Mike Vail.
- The Rangers traded Drew Robinson to the Cardinals for Patrick Wisdom in 2018.
- Joe Riggert (1886)
- Fred Toney (1888)
- Johnny O’Brien (1930)
- Bob Sykes (1954)
- Thomas Howard (1964)
- Jim Bottomley (HOF) 1959
- Doc Marshall 1959