1954- Wally Moon (.304, 12, 106) becomes the first Cardinal player to be selected by the BBWAA as the National League’s Rookie of the Year.
Trading and Signings History
- Cardinals released Debs Garms in 1945.
- In 1986, the Cardinals signed Bob Forsch as a free agent.
- The Cardinals signed Danny Sheaffer, in 1994, as a free agent.
- The Giants traded Tom Lampkin to the Cardinals for Rene Arocha in 1996.
- The Cardinals signed Russ Springer in 2002 as a free agent.
- 2003- The Cardinals signed Reggie Sanders as a free agent.
- The Cardinals signed Ricardo Rincon as a free agent in 2005.
- The Cardinals, in 2007, signed D’Angelo Jimenez and Jason LaRue as a free agents
- Cardinals signed J.R. Towles as a free agent in 2012.
- Art Butler (1887)
- Herb Gorman (1924)
- Tom Lawless (1956)
- Russell Branyan (1975)
- Tim Cooney (1990)
- Bill Warwick 1984
- Charlie Wilson 1970
- Phil Gagliano 2016