Cardinals History on This Date
- The Brooklyn Dodgers, in 1940, traded John Pintar (minors), Gus Mancuso and $65,000 to the Cardinals for Mickey Owen
- The Cardinals purchased Ray Mueller from the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1941.
- The Dodgers trade Gino Cimoli to the Cardinals in exchange for former Rookie of the Year Wally Moon and right-hander Phil Paine in 1958.
- In 1959, the Cardinals traded Bill Smith and Bobby Smith to the Philadelphia Phillies for Carl Sawatski.
- The Cardinals traded Boots Day in 1969 to the Chicago Cubs for Rich Nye.
- The Detroit Tigers traded John Murphy (minors) and Bob Sykes in 1978 to the Cardinals for Aurelio Lopez and Jerry Morales.
- In 1995, as part of a 3-team trade: The Cincinnati Reds sent Mike Remlinger to the Kansas City Royals. The Cincinnati Reds sent Luis Ordaz to the St. Louis Cardinals. The Kansas City Royals sent Miguel Mejia to the St. Louis Cardinals. The St. Louis Cardinals sent Andre King (minors) to the Cincinnati Reds.
Cardinals History -Birthdays
- Jesse Burkett 1868
- Joe Corbett (1875)
- John Farrell (1876)
- Ray Sanders (1916)
- Dick Ricketts (1933)
- Dick Billings (1942)
- David Green (1960)
- Lee Smith (1975)
- Jerome Williams (1982)
Cardinals History -Deaths
- Red Murray 1958
- Joe Willis 1966
- Former Player/Manager and Hall of Famer Roger Bresnahan died on this date at the age of 65. He was in the league for 17 seasons.