- In 1926, catcher Bob Farrell is named NL MVP, Later in December, he is named the manager to replace Rogers Hornsby.
- The New York Giants purchased Bob Bowman from the Cardinals in 1940.
- Cardinals purchased Debs Garms from the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1941.
- The Cardinals, in 1946, purchased Tommy O’Brien from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Ellis Kinder is selected off waivers by the Cardinals from the Boston Red Sox in 1955.
- The Cardinals acquire Curt Flood from the Reds in 1957 along with Joe Taylor, in exchange for Marty Kutyna, Willard Schmidt and Ted Wieand.
- Stan Musial resigns in 1967, his one and only season as the Cardinals General Manager and is replaced by Bing Devine. Musial stays with the organization as senior vice president and consultant.
- The Oakland Athletics purchased Mudcat Grant from the Cardinals in 1969.
- In 1969, the Cardinals purchased Bill Dillman from the Baltimore Orioles.
- In 1973, the Los Angeles Dodgers traded Pete Richert ito the St. Louis Cardinals for Tommie Agee.
- The Chicago White Sox traded Jim Otten in 1977 to the Cardinals for Stan Butkus.
- The New York Mets, in 1978, traded Tom Grieve and Kim Seaman to the Cardinals for Pete Falcone.
- The Cardinals trade Carson Kelly, Luke Weaver, and Andy Young along with a pick in the Competitive Balance Draft to the Diamondbacks for Paul Goldschmidt in 2018.
- Patsy Tebeau (1864)
- Mike Mahoney (1873)
- Carey Selph (1901)
- Gus Mancuso (1905)
- Don Padgett (1911)
- Jack Urban (1928)
- Mike Mahoney (1972)
- John Lovett 1937