- In 1945, Stan “The Man” Musial enlists in the military and will miss the entire season. The Cardinals recall Albert “Red” Schoendienst to replace him and also give him uniform #6 to wear for the season.
- The New York Mets traded Yudith Ozorio (minors), Erik Hiljus and Eric Ludwick to the Cardinals for Bernard Gilkey in 1996.
- John Mercer 1892 and played in one game on June 25, 1912. He had one at-bat and no hits for his major league career.
- Diomedes Olivo 1919 – February 15, 1977) The left-handed pitcher appeared in 85 Major League Baseball pitched over all or part of three seasons between 1960 and 1963 for the Pittsburgh Pirates and St. Louis Cardinals..
- Bobby Young 1925 played all or part of eight years in Major League Baseball, primarily as a second baseman. He played most of his career for the St. Louis Browns/Baltimore Orioles franchise.
- Johnny Bucha 1925 made his MLB debut in 1948 with the St. Louis Cardinals. In 1952 he was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the Rule 5 draft. His career consisted of 205 at-bats with one home runs and 15 runs batted in.
- Bob Wicker 1955
- Dick Rand 1996
- George Dockins 1997
- Tommie Agee 2001
- Lance Clemons 2008