- The Cubs purchased Earl Moore from the Cardinals in 1913.
- Stan Musial has a 30-game hit streak end in 1950 which was the longest in the major. He was the only Cardinal to go hitless as they torched Brooklyn 13-3.
- The Cardinals traded Gene Dusan (minors) and Ed Crosby to the Reds for Roe Skidmore and Ed Sprague in 1973.
- The Cardinals traded Ken Hill in 1995 to the Cleveland Indians for Pepe McNeal (minors), David Bell and Rick Heiserman
- The Baltimore Orioles sent Armando Rios to the St. Louis Cardinals in 2004 as part of a conditional deal
- In 2011, for the second straight season, the Cardinals trade a starting outfielder near the trading deadline in an effort to secure more pitching when they trade center fielder Colby Rasmus, along with relievers Trever Miller and Brian Tallet, to the Blue Jays in exchange for Edwin Jackson (acquired from the White Sox a few hours earlier) and relievers Octavio Dotel and Marc Rzepczynski. Last year, the Redbirds dealt right fielder Ryan Ludwick to San Diego in a three-team deal that brought Indian starter Jake Westbrook to St. Louis.
- Cardinals traded Sam Tuivailala to the Seattle Mariners for Seth Elledge in 2018.
- Moose Baxter 1876
- Charley Hall 1884
- George Kopshaw 1896
- Leo Durocher 1905
- Floyd Ray Ford 1905
- Joe DeSa 1959
- Tom Reilly 1908
- Gene Woodburn 1914
- Bob Glenn 1920
- Jimmy Stuart 1922
- Mike Clark 1952
- Milt Reed 1938
- Babe Adams 1968
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- In 1943, he hit career #17 facing Dick Conger with a 2-run home run.
- #195 came in 1951 off of Carl Erskine to tie the game with a solo home run.
- Stan puts the Cardinals ahead with a 3-run homer in 1954 for career #285 against the NY Giants.
- The Cardinals turn a 6-3-3 triple play from Rogers Hornsby-Specs Torpecer-Jack Fournier in the 7th inning against the Phillies.
Walk-Off Winner (WOW)
2003- In the 9th inning, the Cardinal are trailing the Pirates 3-1 when Scott Rolen leads off with a groundout. Edgar Renteria and Kerry Robinson each single then each steal a base. Eduardo Perez pops out for the second out of the inning. Orlando Palmeiro singles to tie the game. Bo Hart walks and Mike Matheny singles to load the bases for Albert Pujols. He singles for the Walk-Off Winner. WOW! BOXSCORE