- In 2011, Mike Matheny is named to succeed Tony La Russa, who retired as the manager of the Cardinals a few days after leading the Redbirds to a world championship. The 41-year-old former minor league instructor, who served as a special assistant to general manager John Mozeliak, has no previous managerial experience.
- Gil Paulsen (1902) -was a pitcher in Major League Baseball. He played one game for the St. Louis Cardinals in 1925
- Steve Peters (1962) -Peters pitched in 56 games in 1987 and 1988 for the St. Louis Cardinals. One highlight of Peters’ brief major league career occurred on October 2, 1987 when he picked up his only save.
- Kent Bottenfield 1968 -Bottenfield’s best season came in 1999 with the Cardinals, when he posted an 18–7 won-loss record along with a 3.97 ERA. Bottenfield played in the All-Star game that year. He was traded along with Adam Kennedy to the Angels for Jim Edmonds following this season. He finished the 2000 season with a 5.40 ERA and did not appear in the major leagues after 2001.
- The Cardinals, in 1985, released Bill Campbell.
- The Cardinals signed Travis Smith as a free agent in 2001.
- In 2002, the Cardinals signed Dan Serafini as a free agent.
- The Cardinals sign Rico Washington as a free agent in 2007.
- The Cardinals release Kyle McClellan in 2012.
- Jack O’Connor 1937
- Bill Sherdel 1968