- 1901- Bill Magee sent from the St. Louis Cardinals to the New York Giants in an unknown transaction.
- The Philadelphia Phillies purchased Red Ames from the Cardinals in 1919.
- The Cardinals traded Mike Ryba in 1946 to the Boston Red Sox for Al Brazle.
- The Cardinals released Del Rice in 1960.
- In 1974, the Cardinals traded Orlando Pena to the California Angels for a player to be named later. The California Angels sent Rich Hand (October 15, 1974) to the St. Louis Cardinals to complete the trade.
- The Cardinals selected Ron Hunt off waivers from the Montreal Expos in 1974.
- The St. Louis Cardinals released Edgar Gonzalez in 2007.
- Yadier Molina collects his 1,00th career hit in 2012, an infield single in the second inning of the Cardinals’ 5-1 victory against New York. at Busch Stadium in 2012.
- Matt Adams in 2013, becomes the seventh major leaguer to hit two home runs in extra innings of the same game, when he goes deep twice in the Cardinals’ 5-4 victory over Cincinnati.
- Al Grabowski 1901
- Jim Mooney 1906
- Bill Endicott 1918
- Paul Householder 1958
- Rod Booker 1958
- Pat Neshek 1980
- Randy Choate 1975
- Tommy Thevenow 1924
- Ernie Orsatti 1927
- Jorge Rogue 1970
- Jim Bibby 1972
- Tommy Cruz 1973
- Larry Herndon 1974
- Terry Kennedy 1978
- Dan O’Brien 1978
- Mike Ramsey 1978
- David Green 1981
- Bernard Gilkey 1990
- Xavier Scruggs 2014
- Carl Doyle 1951
- Gus Weyhing 1955
- Ernie Orsatti 1968
Tracking Musial’s Home Runs
- In 1950. he hit a 2-run homer in the 4th inning for career home run #168 off Willie Ramsdell of the Reds.
- Johnny Antonelli surrendered career #250 on a 3-run homer in a tie game in the 8th inning in 1953.
- In 1960, it was home run #460 of his career with a 2 run homer facing the Cubs.
- The Mets gave up #473 in 1963 as it was a 2-run home run.